Sunday, January 19, 2014

Wendischbora!

Today my family took me to Wendischbora. What's in Wendischbora you ask? Not much, it was a small village, BUT my great great great grandfather lived there! We were able to see the church he was married in and his wife and children were baptized in! My grandpa Horn helped make this possible, without him, I wouldn't have known were my ancestors directly came from. And the crazy part is that it could have been anywhere in Germany, and it ends up being only 45 minutes from Dresden! It was so cool thinking that my ancestors were there. It was a little disappointing because the church was closed, but it was still amazing. Then we ate at a little restaurant there called "Zum heissen Stein" (to the hot stone). It was so cool. You were able to choose what dish you wanted, I choose steak, and then you got this big platter with a hot stone and you got to cook your own meat! It was so delicious!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment