Thursday, March 13, 2014

18th Birthday!

18th birthday is a big deal here in Germany. But I had an amazing time! On my birthday, Kerstin, Micheal, and Nele woke me up and sang me a birthday song. Then we have a "birthday table" and I had 18 roses, lots of pictures drawn by Nele, and she made me a lot of flowers. I got a leather jacket, two yoga books, the one that is in German, the yoga poses are shown with cows! It's super funny. Then I have a book in English, about Dresden. I got a card, some chocolates. I got a silver identification bracelet with a heart and it says "Dresden" on it! Super pretty. A lot of people came up to me at school and gave me hugs and said happy birthday! It was super nice. Then we had my host brother come over for dinner, and we had Mac&Cheese (: Then on Friday we had a small dinner party with family friends. They stayed over for a couple hours, ate, and just had a good time. Then on Saturday I had a party with all my German friends! I rented out this small place. A lot of people came, and we had a good time, partied, and just had fun! I'm so thankful that I met so many nice people here that I can come back and keep connections with when I go back home. I had an amazing birthday here in Germany!! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment