Sunday, December 1, 2013

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

Oh and Happy late Thanksgiving!! I was able to make a delicious Thanksgiving dinner for my family and some friends. I cooked the whole dinner, except the apple pie my host dad and sister made. But I chose to cook ham instead of turkey because, who doesn't love ham? I ended up cooking for 15 people and it turned out great! For the first 10 minutes of eating no one talked. My host dad said that means it was really good! It was a lot of fun to be around my German family and friends. We even made a Christmas video for my host families daughter in Florida. Everyone was a teenie bit drunk(not the kids), so when they started singing (i was recording) I started laughing because my host brother was laughing and everyone was messing around and it was just...funny! Everyone was in a good mood and that's what matters the most. And on your Thanksgiving day I was able to skype with my Grandparents on my dad's side to say Happy Thanksgiving. My Grandpa thought it was the best thing! I even found out from him that some of our ancestors come from a small town 30 minutes from Dresden so my family and I are going to go visit!!


No comments:

Post a Comment